Totally Torus – Employee Assistance Programme
Welcome to Totally Torus an Employee Assistance Programme with a difference.
It is now widely recognised that the health and wellbeing of our workforce needs serious consideration…understanding that physical health and mental health require equal care and attention is essential to enable and maintain a healthy workforce.
Staff challenges can present themselves in different ways in different settings you may notice:
- a drop in or ongoing poor productivity, that means a reduction in your profits
- high levels of absenteeism,
- little or low morale within teams,
- a high turnover of staff and poor retention rates,
- poor communication or disruptive behaviours amongst team members.
The origins of these problems are difficult to spot and can be costly to your business.
Understanding the impact poor health has on your workforce can be a good place to start.
The statistics speak for themselves:
- An estimated 28.2 million working days lost due to work-related ill health in the UK (1).
- Some younger workers aged 25 to 34, attributed their sickness absence to mental health conditions, a rise from 7.2% in 2009 to 9.6% in 2017 (2).
- An estimated £131.2 million in working days per year are lost to sickness in the UK (3) and £554 is the average cost to the employer for every day an employee is absent (4).
- Mental health problems at work alone has been estimated to cost the UK economy £34.9 billion (5).
If your company is impacted by one of the statistics, then the cost will affect your bottom line. By acting to prevent problems and creating a culture of transparency and support within an organisation is vital for a healthy workforce.
Be proactive in your wellbeing strategy
We know that prevention is better than cure and in line with Stoke-on-Trent Health and Wellbeing and the Government initiatives, responsible employers implement measures to ensure that staff have access to health and wellbeing services when they are well, not just when they are ill.
At a strategic level– you will have available to you several strategic partners who are experts in the field of Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Business Coaches, Financial advisors, and wealth management consultants to best meet your needs.
How we differ
Offering a mental health scheme in conjunction with a physical health programme will provide optimum health provision for you and your staff. To addresses these vital areas Torus Wellbeing Clinic offers 3 tiers of service provision:
Tier 1 – The Virtual Package
– Online advice and guidance via the Torus Health and Wellbeing Portal
– Access to one online educational talk per quarter for the convenience of your staff
– Counselling Support via sms/online 24/7
Tier 2 – The Comprehensive Package
– Access to all resources available in Tier 1 plus
– Up to 6 face to face or virtual hour sessions as needed.
– Weekly virtual class of your choice, these run in 6-week blocks
Tier 3 – The Signature Packages
– Our unique Totally Torus packages of care have been designed by a dedicated team of experts to provide longer term, guided and holistic recovery for comprehensive wellbeing.
This is a 12 session programme developed specifically for an individual’s need, which may include face to face sessions, remote or in-house access to classes.
Each package reflects a particular difficulty and gets to the root cause including ‘Worked up and Worried’, ‘Feeling Frazzled’ and ‘Difficult to Digest’.
Pilot our programme – get involved
We are trialling tier 1, the virtual EAP package that is purely online giving you the flexibility to access quality information as and when you need it. It also gives you access to online yoga classes, Qi Gong and X-Hail meditation and relaxation. The beauty of this plan is that you can access this information in your own time and in your own space.
Am I suitable?
We are looking for Companies and individuals to review our literature so that we are able to see both perspectives and ensure we can get it right.
As a company –
- We need you to be an existing Company who employs more than 10 members of staff
- You may already have a traditional EAP in place but are looking to support mental health in the workplace
- You are not a medical healthcare related business
- You are not a holistic treatment centre
- You are not related to anyone at Torus Wellbeing Clinic
To be involved in our pilot programme Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Torus Wellbeing Clinic has been given a grant from The Business Bridge* scheme, accessible through Keele University’s Business Gateway, is open to those SMEs in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire who are looking to grow their business into the healthcare and medical supply chain.
*The Business Bridge programme (Ref: 32R18P02530, Medical Research and Development Centre Phase Two) is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the England 2014 to 2020 European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme.
- gov.uk 2019 – this figure considers minor illness, non-fatal injury, muscular and joint problems, and mental health issues. Stress, depression or anxiety and musculoskeletal disorders accounted for most days lost due to work-related ill health, 12.8 million and 6.9 million, respectively. On average, each person suffering took around 15.1 days off work with stress, depression and anxiety being the leading cause of extended periods of absenteeism
- ONS 2018 – An increase of 2.4 percentage points.
- Office for National Statistics 2017
- CIPD 2017 – Sickness and absence can cost employers a lot of money, time and resources, £554 is the average cost to the employer for every day an employee is absent.
- Centre for MH 2018